Tobacco Treatment & Cessation Trainings
Help get more professionals trained in tobacco treatment and prevention! Please post ALL trainings that you are aware of, even if you are not the person or organization offering the training.
Please spread the word about the Training Database using the social media links above!
|Basic Skills for Working with Smokers - Online Course||CME||Online Training||
|Cease Smoking Today Performance Improvement Activity||CME||Online Training||
|FREE Tobacco CME Online Short Courses||CME||Online Training||
|Helping Your Pregnant Patients Stop Smoking||CME||Online Training||
|Intake, Assessment and Treatment Planning for Tobacco Cessation||Other||Online Training||
|NCSCT Training and Assessment Programme - UK||Training||Online Training||
|Smoking Cessation Leadership Center Webinars||CME||Online Training||
|Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training||Certification||At Our Location||2013-09-16||
Anchorage AlaskaUnited States
|Tobacco Use and Dependence: A 2011 Update of Treatments||CME||Online Training||
|Tobacco Use and Dependence: An Updated Review of Treatments||Other||Online Training||
E-Cigarette Science News
- E-cigarettes are to be regulated as medicines from 2016.
- Should electronic cigarettes be as freely available as tobacco? Yes.
- Should electronic cigarettes be as freely available as tobacco cigarettes? No.
- Electronic cigarette use by college students.
- Cytotoxicity evaluation of electronic cigarette vapor extract on cultured mammalian fibroblasts (ClearStream-LIFE): comparison with tobacco cigarette smoke extract.
Cessation Drugs Science News
- Method development, validation and bioequivalence of varenicline in human plasma by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry.
- Sensitivity and Specificity of A Procedure for Early Human Screening of Novel Smoking Cessation Medications.
- Current and emerging pharmacotherapeutic options for smoking cessation.
- Adverse drug reactions reported by consumers for nervous system medications in Europe 2007 to 2011.
Second-Hand Smoke Science News
- Family history of adenotonsillectomy as a risk factor for tonsillar hypertrophy and snoring in childhood.
- Medicine students and exposure to environmental tobacco smoke.
- Tobacco use in Florida: Comparisons between adults living with and without disabilities.
- The Twin Research Registry at SRI International.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: Determinants of urinary 1-hydroxypyrene glucuronide concentration and risk of colorectal cancer in the Shanghai Women's Health Study.
Hookah Science News
- Social norms of cigarette and hookah smokers in Iranian universities.
- Are The Predictors of Hookah Smoking Differ From Those of Cigarette Smoking? Report of a population-based study in Shiraz, Iran, 2010.
- Social context of smoking hookah among college students: scale development and validation.
- Bidi and hookah use among canadian youth: findings from the 2010 canadian youth smoking survey.
- Blood nickel and chromium levels in association with smoking and occupational exposure among head and neck cancer patients in Tunisia.