Minnesota Quit Smoking Hotline and Free Phone Counseling
For Residents of:
For these types of tobacco users:
Smokers and Smokeless Users (Dip and Chew)
Types of Services Available:
Free Phone Counseling: Yes
Website Program: Yes
Multiple Sessions: Yes
Self-Help Materials: Yes
Will Help Pregnant Smokers Quit: Yes
Provide free quitting medications?:
Nicotine Patches: Yes
Nicotine Gum: Yes
Nicotine Lozenges: Yes
Small Text Price Checker Ad:
- Not eligible for a full-course of Free Medications?
- Save some money by using the Price Checker
Notes about free medications:
Only for residents without coverage through health plan.
Give discounts on quitting medications?:
Quitline Phone Number:
E-Cigarette Science News
- E-cigarettes as tobacco harm-reduction tool: A promise or peril?
- Physicians' Attitudes and Use of E-Cigarettes as Cessation Devices, North Carolina, 2013.
- E-cigarettes: threat or opportunity?
- Patients are asking about e-cigarettes. What do we tell them?
- How popular is waterpipe tobacco smoking? Findings from internet search queries.
Cessation Drugs Science News
- Open label smoking cessation with varenicline is associated with decreased glutamate levels and functional changes in anterior cingulate cortex: preliminary findings.
- Molecules and circuits involved in nicotine addiction: The many faces of smoking.
- MiR-153 targets the nuclear factor-1 family and protects against teratogenic effects of ethanol exposure in fetal neural stem cells.
- An open-label pilot trial of N-acetylcysteine and varenicline in adult cigarette smokers.
Second-Hand Smoke Science News
- [Establishment of a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease model by passive cigarette smoking and intratracheal LPS instillation in spontaneously hypertensive rats].
- Behaviours and attitudes related to smoking among a Bedouin population in rural Jordan.
- Smoking-related idiopathic interstitial pneumonia.
- Blood lead, cadmium and mercury among children from urban, industrial and rural areas of Fez Boulemane Region (Morocco): relevant factors and early renal effects.
- Why did Swiss citizens refuse a comprehensive second-hand smoke ban?
Hookah Science News
- Measuring the acute cardiovascular effects of shisha smoking: a cross-sectional study.
- Smoking among dental students at King Saud University: Consumption patterns and risk factors.
- Experimentation and use of cigarette and other tobacco products among adolescents in the Brazilian state capitals (PeNSE 2012).
- Awareness and Use of Non-conventional Tobacco Products Among U.S. Students, 2012.
- Youth tobacco cessation: quitting intentions and past-year quit attempts.