Minnesota Quit Smoking Hotline and Free Phone Counseling
For Residents of:
For these types of tobacco users:
Smokers and Smokeless Users (Dip and Chew)
Types of Services Available:
Free Phone Counseling: Yes
Website Program: Yes
Multiple Sessions: Yes
Self-Help Materials: Yes
Will Help Pregnant Smokers Quit: Yes
Provide free quitting medications?:
Nicotine Patches: Yes
Nicotine Gum: Yes
Nicotine Lozenges: Yes
Small Text Price Checker Ad:
- Not eligible for a full-course of Free Medications?
- Save some money by using the Price Checker
Notes about free medications:
Only for residents without coverage through health plan.
Give discounts on quitting medications?:
Quitline Phone Number:
E-Cigarette Science News
- Pirfenidone for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, Thrombocytosis in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Exacerbations, and a Longitudinal Study on E-Cigarettes.
- Sy34-1definition and evidence for harm reduction.
- E-cigarettes--aid to smoking cessation or smokescreen?
- Electronic Cigarettes: Health Risks and Workplace Policy.
- E-cigarettes: the best and the worst case scenarios for public health-an essay by Simon Chapman.
Cessation Drugs Science News
- Sy22-5nicotine and cognition in schizophrenia.
- Safety of varenicline in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- A feasibility study of varenicline for smoking cessation in bipolar patients with subsyndromal depression.
- 7mg Nicotine Patch Fails to Enhance P300 Neural Indices of Cognitive Control among Nonsmokers.
Second-Hand Smoke Science News
- Tobacco exposure in children and adolescents with chronic kidney disease: parental behavior and knowledge. A study from the Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium.
- [Analysis of tobacco-related knowledge, attitude and related factors among college students in Guangzhou city].
- Effect of Bushen Yiqi Huoxue recipe on placental vasculature in pregnant rats with fetal growth restriction induced by passive smoking.
- [Impact on the indoor environment of allergic children of the medical counselor on indoor environment, after two successive visits at 6 months interval].
- [Prenatal factors associated with high BMI status of infants and toddlers].
Hookah Science News
- Comparison of end tidal carbon monoxide (eCO) levels in shisha (water pipe) and cigarette smokers.
- Prevalence of tobacco smoking among health-care physicians in Bahrain.
- The waterpipe: a new way of hooking youth on tobacco.
- Alternative Tobacco Product Use and Smoking Cessation Among Homeless Youth in Los Angeles County.
- Intentions to smoke cigarettes among never-smoking U.S. middle and high school electronic cigarette users, National Youth Tobacco Survey, 2011-2013.